Wednesday, April 12, 2006

First post

Hi people! I dunno if you're from the same hometown as me, or you just happened to chance by this blog. Anyway, this blog's a tribute to me hometown, BENTONG, located right smack in the middle of peninsular Malaysia. Kampung Kid is literally translated as "village kid" since the place where I come from is considered a town...though it is moving on quite rapidly nowadays.

Though I wasn't born here, I was raised and spent 18 wonderful years living in this peaceful little sanctuary called Bentong. I've come to realize that, though being a resident here, I don't really know my own hometown. A probable reason is I don't go out too much, so if you want me to introduce the best chicken rice here, I'd probaby have to think for some time before answering.

Initially I was hoping to register the name bentong.blogspot.com but it was already taken by someone named Ben Tong (!), so I chose bentongite.blogspot.com instead.

So, through this blog, I'm hoping to discover more of my hometown, and put down my jottings here. Please let me know if you yourself are a fellow Bentongite and would like to contribute to this blog.

Til then, cheers!

4 Comments:

Blogger こうゆうけん said...

Hi, kampung kid! First post! First comment here! First visitor here! :)

3:43 AM  
Blogger [NottY]Nee said...

hey, i am second loh..
so fast la you.

derek, hope to see more photo here!
keep up the good work! ^^

6:43 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

i'm 3rd. welcome to the sphere.
dunno much about bentong. but i've been to betong.

8:56 PM  
Blogger ChristinE said...

heya..oh wat da heck..count me in as well. allow me to contribute as a true bentongite..haha hey, i was born and bred in tis magnificient town! and...freakin'proud of it! haha =P

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home